Click the image if you wish to see it in full size.

The first rider for the Pony Express left from the Pike’s Peak Stables, now the Pony Express Museum, on April 3, 1860. After many years of various uses and sitting vacant, the Goetz Pony Express Foundation restored the exterior to its current appearance.

A grand celebration was held for the opening of the Pony Express Museum in 1960. Area American Indians took part with demonstrations and dancing.

The western end of the trail as the Reynolds saw it in 1960. The B.F. Hastings Building on the corner housed the Alta Telegraph Company which was the first terminus of the Pony Express. Today, the area is part of Old Town Sacramento Historic District.

The first rider for the Pony Express left from the Pike’s Peak Stables, now the Pony Express Museum, on April 3, 1860. After many years of various uses and sitting vacant, the Goetz Pony Express Foundation restored the exterior to its current appearance.

1/40